Tuesday

Refrigerated Tangy Cucumbers!



My neighbor JoAnna brought me some cucumbers from their garden.  They were delicious raw!  I decided to spice one of them up a bit and add a few ingredients to it.  I filled a mason jar with sliced cucumbers, then added a few cloves of sliced garlic (you could mince it) and white onion (purple is excellent as well) with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Then I poured Bragg Raw Apple Cider Vinegar over it, filling the jar one third of the way.  I filled the rest with filtered water.  I put the top on and shook it then refrigerated it.

Nutritional Value: Cucumbers have vitamin C & A, manganese, potassium, & fiber. They are low in calories.  The silica in cucumber is an essential component of healthy connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bone.  And since they were straight from JoAnna and Jeff's garden there was NO wax coating that is often found on grocery store cucumbers - YUK!! 

We ate some a few hours later, and they were wonderful.  They will continue to season in the refrigerator as time goes on and taste even better!  Just add more cucumbers to the liquid when they are gone.  Simple delicacies of summertime.......



1 comment:

ksue said...

i love this idea!! and I just got some garden fresh cucumbers and squash from a church member :) Can't wait to get home and experiment! So thankful for you!