Saturday

Eat Local!

This morning I made a trip to our local Farmer's Market in Oxford, MS.  It was so refreshing to be purchasing produce that had been grown only miles from where it was being sold.  Much of the produce was grown without harmful chemicals.  No, every piece of food did not "look perfect and uniform" as it often does in the grocery store.  But that's okay with me!  In fact, I prefer the inconsistency that you often get with food that is not mass produced.  There is something comforting to me in knowing that that the seeds are not genetically modified for perfection and disease resistance.  I don't mind the occasional worm in my corn!!

The taste was beyond comparison!  We had tomato sandwiches for lunch and are having a vegetable dinner with lentils tonight.  I am so thankful for our local farmers who put so much work and love into bringing us food with powerful nutrition!

Support local farmers - your cells will thank you for it!  The food filled with powerful antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and living enzymes will help you fighting disease and building a healthy immune system.

No comments: