Thursday

You Can't Taste the Greens!


Smoothies provide a super way to add great nutrition to your routine at any time of the day - breakfast, lunch on the go, afternoon pick you up, etc.  Normally, I would not eat carrots, spinach, kale, beets, etc for breakfast, but I regularly put them in a smoothie for my morning "get is started right" routine.

It also is a great way to get all those nutritional foods in my kids morning routine as well.  It helps me think better throughout the day not to mention that I am fighting disease with every single sip!

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1 peach
1 banana
1 T chia seeds
1 T maca powder
2 T flax seed meal
1 T dried cranberries
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup water

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!  You can freeze your fruit if you want a frozen smoothie.  We have a Blendtec and a Nutribullet, both of which work excellently for blending the ingredients as well as opening up the cells of the nutrients to make them more bioavailable.

No comments: