Saturday

Zucchini and Tomatoes


It is great having a wonderful local market to get fresh fruits and vegetables and herbs.  This dish was one of the ones I served while our family was doing a juice/whole food fast for a week.  The flavor of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, and garlic are amazing together.  I baked this dish for about 20 minutes, but I tried it raw, and it was excellent as well.

Ingredients:
2 fresh whole tomatoes sliced
3 medium zucchini
1 small onion thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste


Place all ingredients in a pan and toss.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.  I served this dish with a noodle recipe that I topped with a pureed almond sauce.

Simple ingredients, quick to prepare, little clean up, lots of nutrition!

No comments: